I took the multiple intelligence test that was linked to our class homepage, and I had three major strengths, Naturalist, Social, and Self. I wasn't surprised to have the learning style, Naturalist a strengh, because my field is science and biology. Also, self wasn't a surprise, because I have taken other intelligence surveys and they have told me I am self, and I actually do prefer to work alone and think a lot of things over on my own before reacting. However, social has never really been a part of me, and the next closest style was kinaesthic, which has been a strength of mine in the past.
Activities/Strategies
Naturalist
--read plant and animal magazines/books
--Take hikes around the school, or on a field trip and take pictures then write a story about a picture or a paragraph describing a picture.
--Grow plants or house a type(s) of organism such as ants and observe their behaviors and/or watch them grow.
--Compare seeds, seedlings, and adult plants. Mix them up and ask your learners to match each seed to its corresponding seedling and adult.
--relate information to the natural world (very important for science)
Social
--Set up interview questions, and interview your family. Write the results.
--Team learning/investigating projects.
--Take part in group discussions and encourage group work.
--Problem-solving activities which involves working together to solve
Self
--Encourage journal writing for topics being discussed in class.
--Go on "guided imagery" tours.
--Use brainstorming methods before writing a report or beginning a research project.
--Allow time for students to reflect on new ideas and information.
Very interesting learning profile!
ReplyDelete