I am from the hill overlooking an old coal mining town, from Popsicles and fresh, cut cucumbers in vinegar during summer.
I am from the home that is white, lined with cedar trim that contains a pink bedroom filled with memories I call my own.
I am from blue birds and an apple tree, from a mother's flower bed filled with hydrangeas and azaleas.
I am from the family who traveled to the OBX for two weeks every summer and who has a dominance for rolling their tongues.
I am from grandparents who watched me grow from a little girl into a young lady. Who love me more than words can say, the love a mutual way.
From going shirtless and playing in the dirt of our backyard when we were kids, my brother and I used our imagination to explore and pretend.
I am from the small, white church nestled in the old town, Downs United Methodist, where the love of the Lord grows among the greatest congregation.
I'm from five best friends who each have reached for their goals by going their separate way, but remain close at heart.
I am from the echoes the town hears from a Friday night Husky football game and nights with friends spent under the stars around a camp fire, the sound of whippoorwills in the woods.
From lazy, summer days sitting in my yard reading a book as my kitty sleeps close by, and snow days spent as a child riding my wooden Flyer down the snow covered road.
I am from a mom I could call my twin and a dad I tend to act like, however no longer together the memories will always be and love for both will never cease.
I am from Rachel, WV, the town that holds my child into young adulthood memories. A place that I will forever call my home no matter where life may take me.
No comments:
Post a Comment